There are many common diseases that are disastrous for our dogs and cats. Luckily, we have many vaccinations that can keep pets safe from these terrible diseases. These immunizations get their immune systems ready to fight against serious illnesses like parvo and distemper. The vaccines work so well that these diseases are not as common as they once were, but they are still out there are able to infect non-vaccinated pets.
Core Canine Vaccines
- Rabies: This vaccine prevents an illness that is always fatal. It is generally required by law.
- Leptospirosis: The vaccine protects your dog against this disease that can be contracted from the urine of other dogs
- Distemper: This serious disease can cause brain damage in dogs.
- Parvovirus: This disease causes dogs to become dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhea, and untreated cases are often fatal.
- Bordetella: This upper respiratory disease is highly contagious, causing problems such as bronchitis in dogs.
Core Feline Vaccines
We also provide the following core vaccines for cats, including rabies.
- FVRCP: This one vaccine will inoculate your cat against three serious diseases that can be fatal. These are calicivirus, rhinotracheitis and panleukopenia.
- Feline leukemia: This disease can be fatal in cats, and it’s common enough to be the second largest reason for the death of cats after accidents.
In addition, you may want to consider a Lyme disease vaccination for your pet. This serious disease can be spread through ticks, and it can be fatal.
Getting your pet’s vaccines should be done once a year, unless you opt for long-lasting injections such as a three-year rabies vaccine. With all of the vaccinations available on the market right now, you can keep your dog or cat happy and healthy for many years to come with this basic care.